Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #468 (permalink)
370Zfeeler
Base Member

Drives: Sport Cars
370Zfeeler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
3) The throttle maps (which only work with ETC On obviously) are the "right" way to tune the throttle response without disabling SRM and other ECU interventions. Luckily they're per-UpRev-map, so you can try out different throttle maps on e.g. maps 1, 2, 3 with all the other settings the same to get a feel for how it works.

Wide open seems to be the value "3800", and it seems to need to go negative at low pedal position + high RPMs. Setting it to a nice linear ramp from the stock 1.3% pedal position numbers to 3800's around 95% throttle is much better than stock. Still not quite perfect though. I wish I could find settings that felt as good as "ETC Off" for normal accel / upshift at all ranges.

4) The torque map (for 7AT people only) is how you effectively adjust transmission line pressure and shifting speed. Basically the ECU needs an internal estimate of your engine's torque across different RPM ranges and fueling inputs (effectively, gas pedal position) in order to use the "correct" line pressure and shift speed for a smooth quick shift.

If you've done a lot of modding, the factory torque estimates are way off (and really, even on the stock car, the factory estimates are a little low, which contributes to low RPM downshifts being sounding so violent, and the little jerks when it auto-downshifts to 2 and 1 while coming to a stop).

Secret Services had already bumped my torque map values all up by about 10%. I found that bumping those values by a further 20% has worked out great so far. Shifts are both smoother and faster. Keep in mind I'm out at the limit of N/A bolt-on power mods, so values this high may not work as smoothly for a milder setup (e.g. just catback and K&N dropins or whatever). I may try going even higher, but I want to drive around on these values for several days first and make sure I don't spot any quirks under various conditions.
-About the throttle maps, I'll be copying the specs you posted on THIS thread, seems to be perfect to get rid of the throttle lag.

-I tried doing a search on the torque maping with Uprev but didnt find much, could You please elavorate more on this feature? and please post some pics of the torque maps values You are using at moment

I'm also running on a 7AT, and the set of bolt ons I ordered, are exactly the same You are running, only difference is I'll be running ART Pipes in stead of LTH, and no M370.
370Zfeeler is offline   Reply With Quote