View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that there has been a redesign of a vehicle that turned out to be a step back for that car and that car manufacturer. At the moment, I can't think of one.

A redesign changes the car and improvements are made. "Subjective" points such as looks have nothing to do with it. There will be people that say that a 240 Z will look better than any other Z. But obviously it isn't a "better" car in terms of performance, numbers, interior etc. etc. The same is true of the 350. You might think it looks better. I might think it looks better. But various improvements to the car have been made and the end result was the 370.

When they completely redesign the 370 and call it a "400" or something, it will no doubt be an improvement on the existing 370 platform. That's it. There's not much debating it.

If you ask a 350 owner who happens to be a "hater" on the 370 WHY he hates the 370, you'll find that the answers always revolve around "subjective" measures such as esthestics. In other words, it's a moot discussion and proves nothing except to prove what the auto manufacturer already did when they UPGRADED the car. They might argue points of "modifications" which have nothing to do with a stock vs. stock car and hence THAT argument is moot. With enough money and the right mods, I can build a Prius to outperform your 370. Stupid.

There's nothing wrong with a 370. There's nothing wrong with a 350. There's nothing wrong with a 240. For someone to "hate" on another car because they don't like the "styling" and come up with a bunch of BS reasons why their car is better in my opinion has a serious security deficit. These are people that I don't bother to waste my time with because the kind of car they drive is the least of thier problems and the least of mine.

I'm guessing they are younger anyways and most likely look the part of the villiage idiot. Not people I hang around anyway. So what do I car if they dislike my car? With age comes maturity. With maturity comes a better understanding of what it means to be an "enthusiast".

Last edited by KillerBee370; 03-03-2012 at 03:34 PM.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote