View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #49 (permalink)
Bucketlist2012
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Touring/Sport
Bucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I remember when I saw the 350z at the NAIAS New york auto show in April 2002. I was impressed with both the Z and the RX-8. I'm wondering what you didn't like back then? What were you comparing it too???
The mustang was fugly!!!: the camaro looked like a studio prop from the 50's classic War of the worlds. The Trans am took the corny out of the look of the camaro and was probably the only cool looking affordable sports car. But only the high end firebirds, the base ones were still fugly... Camaro/firebird was going out the door anyway at the time... the corvette was too expensive and there were no japanese sports cars except the new FWD-Only wacky doo eclipse and the low-powered miata. The Z was debuting at 25k with 287hp and 280hp for the auto. A mustang back then had what 290-300hp with a v8! The Z was hella impressive with both looks and performance... you are definately ENTITLED to your opinion, but I'm just thinking back and wondering... what could have been better than a Z in 2002 lol.
The mazda wound up disappointing due to its lack of power but on intro it just looked hot.
Actually back then i wasn't comparing it to anything...It was new and I needed to get used to it...All the other cars you mentioned...PUKE....Would not own one...They are plastic cars..

The cars I drive are not a dime a dozen around here.. You see every other cookie cutter Car, camro's Dodge's Escilpe's..but the 2009Black Touring/Sport stands out in the Crowd..

And the Z/28 is as rare as it gets..

You are right, those other cars are not worth the money,IMHO..

But I had a great time in the 350Z....My friends with Muscle cars got handed their hats One's or twice, commenting that the 350Z looked like it was stuck to the ground in corners...

Nissan has done a great Job with the car and it's improvements.
Bucketlist2012 is offline   Reply With Quote