View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #3121 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911sc View Post
How'd you know?!!

That intake looks awesome! SRI are very taboo for me on the Z. I would buy the R2C in a heartbeat, but other than throttle response I think people see a loss in power? IDK WHAT TO DO.... I don't want long tube intakes though
The R2C looks very nice too, especially the three choices of finishing of the tube, and I like how the heat-shields isolate the filters from the engine compartment.

The only draw-back is the price, since I believe it should perform the same as other short-ram intake, and the K&N is very well-known and many Z fellows in here praise the system, why would I bother to spend an extra $150 on the R2C, $500 VS $350.

For the $150 I save, I have more than enough to spend on my new shift-knob and still have some changes left for a around of beer, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
Mr. Alcheng please provide a mini review of the intake. Where is most noticable gain?
Hey Mr.ZMan8, the intake is very easy to install, cost me about 90mins to finish the whole thing. The result is more than satisfy!! The gain is noticeable, especially from 2500rpm and up, I shift at around 5000ish rpm during the test drive, and the whole range does get better!!

The air-sucking sound is also better, the best between 3000-4500rpm, not too loud to my surprised but the healthier breathing note is just enough.

Overall, I will say it is a very good mod consider it only costs $350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911sc View Post
I honestly couldn't tell you as I haven't looked at them for awhile... In the $400-500 range?
Yes, starting from USD$499

It's a bit on the $$$$+ side as my wallet's point of view....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
You are Mr Smoooth Kenman.
Let me try to explain my issues with the ZL1. It is not how long it takes to get one. My issue is that I have no proof that even though I have put $2000 down and my financing is fine that I have a car ordered. The dealers where given only a certain # of allocations for ZL1's. From what I've heard not all dealers received an allocation. I don't know if my dealer even has an allocation to use. If they do not then they actually cannot order my car. The dealer has thus far been unable or unwilling to give me an order #. GM Connects.com is an on line tracking service and they have said that there is absolutely no reason for a dealer to withhold the order# if in fact they ordered a vehicle for you. Getting back to the time it takes to receive a car, I've learned that nobody is taking delivery till probably March 23rd. Sorry for the long winded post but this is what is going on and why I'm really upset over this.
Hey Fire, can you check with some other dealer in your area, then propose cancelling the order from your original dealer and see if they will freak out and force-order you one.

No harm to look around and try.

Last edited by alcheng; 03-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.