View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #3002 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Berk CBE is sounding good. However, I noted resonance at 3700rpm under 3/4 throttle in 2nd and 3rd and 4th gears.

A bit of trial/error brought to my attention that it was the glove box, specifically, the huge fat stack of owner's manuals and tire-lock in it. I removed them to the compartment behind the passenger's seat, and the issue is gone. It now pulls through the revs as far as I am taking it at this point of break-in without any vibration. It's a nice exhaust, does what I want, and looks great. Car felt a bit peppier after installation.