View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911sc View Post
IIRC All motors are run to redline prior to leaving the factory regardless of auto maker...
The one in my Z06 was not, unless someone loading it onto the car got a hardon and did it. I cannot speak for other cars, as I did not watch them being produced like I did my Z06. I further spoke to one of the LS7 engine-builders who said the engines were run on CNG at 2,000rpm for 2 minutes or so, after being built. Nothing near redline. Just an engine-dyno to assure that it would make the 505bhp, calculated by extrapolating the dyno curve from 2K.

The highest it was run to was about 4400rpm (4K rpm I think is the max, anything above something like 45-4800 or 80mph gets a phone-call from GM corporate, as that machine is wired into them and monitored) on the dynamic alignment machine as they checked my car's alignment.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-28-2012 at 09:40 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote