View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
I"m at 540 miles and I am just giving up this under 4k thing. If the car needs some work later on because of it, so be it. I like to go fast too much to keep it under 4 :/

I will say I have no clue what that other poster is saying lol. Maybe he just means "if you wanna play rough just do it"
Just don't launch the car, shift excessively hard, and you should be okay. After 2-300 miles, the driveline is the main component still breaking in. I am not sure about these VQ engine's valve-trains, though.

I think starting at 800 miles, increase your "redline" from 4 to 7.5K progressively as you get to 1200. 4k to 7.5k in 1 mile's difference makes no sense and is likely harder on things than a gradual ramp up.

Rods stretch ever so slightly, so lets stretch them a bit at a time, for the sake of the rings/cylinders/rest of the system involved. Same with the shafts in the transmission.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote