View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #541 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Thanks for all the great feedback, guys. I really appreciate it!
Guess it's time to invest in some proper lighting if I want to get what I'm expecting from my shots!
Luna, I have this exact kit as a secondary kit:

900W STUDIO KIT W/BAG

It absolutely will not break the bank as you can see and in all honesty, I've used it on an actual photoshoot with surprisingly great results. If you're looking to get started with strobes, I recommend this setup. The only thing I would invest in is better (more heavy duty) stands. Aside from that, this kit is actually really good.

And this is coming from a guy who uses a $5K Dynalite kit. I would have no problem using the Neewer kit in a pinch and I often use them for other little projects. For the type of shots that you are doing (headshot type stuff) they are more than adequate. The construction of the strobes themselves isn't bomb proof but if you take care of them, they should last you indefinitely.

Just a thought.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote