View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #37 (permalink)
Motordyne
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z
Motordyne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z JT View Post
Huge jump? No. I would have been happy with ~5hp gain. We're talking about Invidia Gemini CBE...not Stillen or Fast Intentions.

As for Tony saying the baseline run with the Gemini was tuned for AFR and timing and showed a lumpy curve. The tune I had for the baseline included the Motordyne M370 manifold which I removed from the car 2 weeks earlier. Could this be the cause for the lumpy curve? Did this cause the Z to lean out a bit? Look at the AFR baseline. It was running lean.

If the Invidia baseline was re-tuned do you think the curve will still be lumpy? And if the Invidia baseline was re-tuned, a few more HP would have been squeezed out. How would that make the E370 look then?

Just a few points the Z community should consider.

Edit: I also had a blown 3-bolt exhaust gasket for the Invidia baseline runs. LOL
Most manufacturers will generate and advertise their own numbers and then shy away from independent testing or comparisons. We don't.

Most won't build a data base of independent tests on a public forum for public distribution. We do.

There is nothing to hold back or hide. We'll do our best on our side and encourage independent reviews and testing. Even yours.

More independent tests and comparisons will be done over a range of conditions by various people and they will all be posted for everyone to see.

Thank you for doing the dyno testing and review.
Tony
Motordyne is offline   Reply With Quote