View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
370Z JT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 7AT
370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 370Z JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
Tony provided you with the logic behind your installation and tune and you continue to ignore it and cry about peak whp gain on a NA CBE INSTALL. Did you honestly expect a huge jump in power going to another aftermarket cbe???
Huge jump? No. I would have been happy with ~5hp gain. We're talking about Invidia Gemini CBE...not Stillen or Fast Intentions.

As for Tony saying the baseline run with the Gemini was tuned for AFR and timing and showed a lumpy curve. The tune I had for the baseline included the Motordyne M370 manifold which I removed from the car 2 weeks earlier. Could this be the cause for the lumpy curve? Did this cause the Z to lean out a bit? Look at the AFR baseline. It was running lean.

If the Invidia baseline was re-tuned do you think the curve will still be lumpy? And if the Invidia baseline was re-tuned, a few more HP would have been squeezed out. How would that make the E370 look then?

Just a few points the Z community should consider.

Edit: I also had a blown 3-bolt exhaust gasket for the Invidia baseline runs. LOL
Top Secret | EVO-R | Fujimura Auto | Shine Auto | Seibon | MRWorks | Swift | SPC | SSR | UpRev | Project Kics | NST | Titek | Eibach | Nismo | Whiteline | Quaife | Invidia | Fly1 | CF Element | Carbon Signal

Last edited by 370Z JT; 02-27-2012 at 11:13 PM.
370Z JT is offline   Reply With Quote