View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #101 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
I know things have changed as Nissan is not really cranking out Z's anymore but I got both my 370z's for way under MSRP. In 2009 when the Z was just coming to dealers I special ordered my 09 touring sport yellow 6-speed. Got it for 500 under invoice. Sadly a year and a half later she was totaled and I replaced her with a 2010 Nismo. My Nismo had a sticker price of 45k. They had a 2500 dealer mark up for being a Nismo as well as charging extra for window tint, window etchings, door guards. It took 3 weeks of negotiating but I got the car for 35k and change. They kept telling me it's a Nismo and that it's a hot item but after 3weeks of not moving the car, with them also knowing I had a 800+ credit score and money to go with it they caved. If you aren't in a rush then time is on your side to get the deal you want.

With regards to the mustang, it's hard to pass up. Superior in acceleration and just as good through the corners and typically cheaper to buy and easier to find. The only downside I see with them is that they are freaking everywhere. Every time I get an itch to even go check the 5.0 out I force myself to count how many mustangs I see on a simple 5mile drive. Usually it's 20+ and gets rid of my itch for a stang. Still, unless Nissan announces something in the next year or so about a 2014 Z that is drastically better I'm probably going to another car. I mean I'll still have my 280z and 300zx so it's all good
sadly I had to rush. The car I wanted was very rare, and they sell instantly. My dealer found two before, and they sold before the dealer could even talk to the other dealership. I called independantly and asked, myself. My dealer was telling me the truth. The car I got, I bought out from under someone why was trying to get it while we were on the phone, they said. True? Who knows, but you won't find any more like mine within 1500 miles of me. Maybe one, that's it.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote