Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
hsaleem101
Base Member

Drives: Ferrari F430
hsaleem101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Sounds like you want him to buy the car YOU WANT not what he wants cause you want to drive it NOW. Sounds kinda selfish actually.. Let him buy the roadster. After contemplating the bloodbath he's facing to put you through college, he needs to make one happy decision. Maybe it's his time for a roadster. You're not giving up much per this test: 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster Full Test and Video on Inside Line

YOu can drive it on Christmas break, but if you were my kid, I'd be reluctant.....
lol, i guess I should rephrase something. He is reluctant to shell out $40k because he has yet to see the roadster. Problem is

a) he says he just wants to see it. if he doesn't like it, he won't get it, therefore purchasing the coupe

b) it is extremely rare to find a 370z coupe that matches my dad's specs. if anything, we have only found two in the last 4-5 months that matched my dad's needs, but they sold quickly

c) my dad drives a 1998 BMW 540i. the car is literally broken. he is spending $3-4k every month or so to fix up the car and get it working. just the other day, is sunroof wouldn't close, and BMW charged him an arm and a leg to fix it.

Truth be told, I'm not selfish or mean or thoughtless whatsoever. Yes, it is my dad's money and it is my dad's car, but as a 17 year old, I can only give him my humble opinion (which in this case, i think, is a little more sensible than his) and hope that he goes with what he likes. again, i can only tell him that the roadster with similar specs will cost about sub $50k and won't be as light and nimble around corners as a cheaper, better looking, and better handling coupe.

as for the ferrari comment, lol, no i do not drive one unfortunately. but i do drive a 2009 Honda Civic
hsaleem101 is offline   Reply With Quote