View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #84 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
The stats in the rags say the Z handles better, but only very, very slightly. Once again, the driver most likely makes the difference, and the Mustang's acceleration blows the Z away on straightaways.

Again, pro drivers, 10/10ths stuff. In all practical use and amongst enthusiasts like us, the Mustang handles just as well and the Z accelerates fast enough.
Specific handling tests are one thing, but actually putting it all together (i.e. lap times) are what matters the most. Straights removed the 5.0 and Z are neck and neck.

Both are awesome cars... the Mustang just has a hard time trying to prove that it can actually handle because NO ONE believes it. Even when presented with hard evidence.

Oh well, it works for me. I love taking non-believer friends for rides. Going into a corner hot they think we're going to die.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote