View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #2116 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Sweet.
Thank You Mr.onzedge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hahaha. hey, intakes look
hehee, Like it very much too!!

Quote:
mr.alcheng- is that cosmoline on the black metal bracket forward of the radiator? if so, you can use some RC car motor spray/WD40 to wipe off. white stuff looks ikky.
At first I was also curious on what the heck is that white stuff.... "so Japanese like to put icing in the engine bay to help cooling now.... ??"

Then I notice the white stuffs maybe is for anti-rust, cos I see most of the metal parts have a layer of it on. So I don't really bother to wipe them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
Looks great! How easy was that install, right?

Hey Face, the install was fairly easy, but there are some tips here and there I would like to share with the forum members.

I will most likely write a DIY later or tmr, but I can say for sure skinny hand with long fingers (like mine, lol) does make things MUCH EASIER!!!

Quote:
mr.alcheng- were you able to install without removing the towerbar?
I didn't need to remove the towerbar, but if your hands are bigger or fatter, yes, have to remove the towerbar, otherwise you won't be able to remove the rubber hose that hide underneath the main hose&towerbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
Had my factory hose clamps not been properly positioned, I probably would have had to remove my tower bar. But they weren't so I didn't.

I'm also curious if alcheng had the same experience.
Are you talking about those small hoses? They are pain in the butt, and have to trim the length further more than what the instruction say.

Overall, the installation is not difficult, removal of the OEM airbox was a bit tricky especially on the driver's side.

Remove the towerbar will make the life a tad easier, again, depends on the size of your hand.

I found putting the screw that mount the metal hose onto the shield is a quite tricky, almost no space to put your tools to hold onto the screw.

I wish K&N will print the instruction in color with bigger pictures. LOL

Last edited by alcheng; 02-22-2012 at 05:20 PM.