View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #39 (permalink)
SManZ
Base Member

Drives: '04 350Z Performance
SManZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Z View Post
What did you drive before your 350? I had a '00 Celica GT-S and the step up to the 350 was huge. Now going from the 350 to the 370 is a much more incremental step. Perhaps your expectations are a bit (too) high...
Demon, I think you're absolutely correct. I traded a '00 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner for the '04 350Z. It was a great truck that gave me 86K trouble free miles and I regret selling it to this day. I started looking because a slew of cars were coming out that got more power and better gas mileage. It was a 170HP 3.3L SOHC V6 w/ 5-spd manual and I got around 17-18mpg on a good day. I no longer needed a truck to schlup back and forth to school with. As soon as I test drove a 350 and hit the gas I was done

I did a lot of thinking over the weekend. I'm not going to make a purchase now. I am going to delay for at least a year and hope that in that time the 370 gets some updates. My thoughts are;

-I can't justify $40K OTD for a vehicle I'm lukewarm about. This is really the main point for me.
-The trade in arrangement is backwards for me - I'd be trading in a 350 I'm completely happy with for $9.5-10K towards a vehicle I'd be 80% satisfied with.
-I would actually sooner get a newer 350Z. I should have jumped on one of the Nismos back in December when they were $10K off sticker right off the bat.
-I agree with the posts that the 370 will receive the 350HP bump and some other upgrades after the 2010 MY. I hope that the digital speedo replaces that damn clock. Haha that is really one of the bigger problems I have with this car.
-I'd rather be a the370z.com lurker
SManZ is offline   Reply With Quote