View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #1993 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning all!

Finally coming out of the black abyss that is the year-end reporting cycle (I'm an accountant).

Like I said yesterday, drove the Z for the first time out on some open hilly and twisty roads north of Houston with some friends on Sunday. What a blast. I'm nowhere near yet close to the limits of the car, but really not interested in finding out either.

I had spent the past two weeks driving Mrs. Gurney's MDX to work as she was recovering from some surgery. It really got me thinking about getting a daily driver although my round trip commute is only 15 miles and I really love driving the Z.

Getting back into the Z from the MDX was definitely a shock to the system - felt like I was in go cart. I really love this car!

Looking forward to Daytona this weekend. Happy - we have to hook-up one day as I spent my summers growing up in Melbourne/Indialantic/Satellite Beach with my Mom's side of the family. I really miss the area. I attended the 24 Hour race at Daytona from 1979 through 1995; always a blast. Basically a camping trip with a car race going on. Also attended Sebring during the same time frame. Unbelievable cars and access to drivers back then.

I'm down in the Orlando area at least twice a year. Usually head over to KSC to tour each time. Behind cars, the Space program is a huge interest for me. Got to see a number of early manned Gemini and Apollo launches growing-up, including the big one - Apollo 11. One of the highlights of my life.

Have a great week all.

Mike
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim