View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #1912 (permalink)
Drodriguez06
Base Member

Drives: 370z / S14kouki
Drodriguez06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
This is not what I did with my Z but what I almost did. And it was not today but a few weeks ago.. I was really to embarrassed to tell but I think its worth repeating just as a lesson for others.

I was at my sons house for the Superbowl and things did not go well. Everyone was upset that the Patriots were loosing but one guy was really over the top He started shouting and screaming like a nut case and then..punched the wall! My son has nice teakwood surrounding the doors and he actually dented it! My son told him to stop and he did it again several times!! Damaging it some more! Friggin idiot!!

Well later that night I was driving home and just could not get this incident out of my mind.. It was dark and I came to a rather fast secondary road. I stopped and looked left and then right and then slowly started ahead.. Almost immediately another car flew in front of me at about 60 mph or more.. Had i started up one second earlier I would have been hit in the drivers side by that car...and there would almost certainly have been one less member here....I had not even seen that car coming and I can think either it was hidden by the trees or I was just too distracted.

I guess the moral is "Dont allow distractions to get to you while driving" My fault I admit..and its very embarrassing to tell.. but I post it here so others can learn from my mistake..I was lucky..someone else might not be so lucky..
Wow thank God nothing happened, that almost happened with me once