View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #1542 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onzedge
On to the Koni's. They sit in their boxes on my table saw in the garage. Colin's hand is definitely broken and we will not have an estimate on the repair duration for a couple of days. Plan B is to take it to Taylor's (my other son) shop over in Davis, but this presents a couple of challenges. First, the owner is not as loosey-goosey with the shop rates as Colin's and I will pay more. Note that they have a very sweet alignment rack there that more easily accommodates lowered cars than Colin’s does.

Second, they are not open on weekends at all so it would require calling in "sick" one day. Then I will feel guilty the rest of the day for calling in "not feeling well" and our company policy does not have a provision for Paid Time Off for Koni's. They should, God knows, but they do not.

Plan C is to do them myself, but it would have to be in my garage and without a lift. I would have to go for an alignment anyway when completed.

So there you go. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and, as always, have a great day.
I say wait for your boy's hand to heal. It's a win-win. He's happy because he gets to help his dad, and he feels better because you waited for him even though he knows how much you wanted to put them on. Next, you don't have to feel guilt over taking a Paid Time Off for Konis day!

So there you go. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and, as always, have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srenity View Post
Yesterday after dinner I did not have the energy to go back to the garage and finish the ART pipes. Good thing to becuase the forum member that I got them from included two crush gaskets that Tony from Motordyne let me know would not work with his ART pipes. If I pushed forward I would have had an exhaust leak. The problem though is that it is raining and cold today so I do not want to be in the garage plus I had a long day work and my body is sore from wrenching all weekend so no completion of the project today. Hope the storm clears out tomorrow so I can get this baby finsihed.
I'm glad you questioned it, and got a resolution. What I'm curious about is how'd you end up with the wrong part to begin with? Did the forum member hook you up with new crush gaskets, and accidentally purchased the wrong ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srenity View Post
Make them fix it for sure. Don't accept paying for a service that is not performed to expectations. That actually is a pretty big defect and should have been noticed by the body shop.
Aah, yeah. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm going to give them a call/pay them a visit tomorrow and get this straightened out. They guarantee their work, and they are a major chain so it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, if they want continued business from me, (which I've already tale to them about) they will make it right.
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub

Last edited by happytheman; 02-13-2012 at 10:10 PM.