View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #1365 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post

Are you also going to weld the doors shut and take the windows out in lieu of some mesh?

I kid, I kid! I do wonder though how much weight reduction removing the OEM wheel and airbag netted you? Man, ate you considering taking this hobby to the next level and doing some amateur racing (unless you already are)?
I have already removed all the airbags in the car. Even the steering wheel. From the best I could tell it was about three pounds.

As far as it goes to what level I'm going to take it to is hard to say. I love to drive my car on the streets and not ready to lose that completely yet. I want a balance of both street and track. In which you can do a lot of track related things to the car and still be good. I just want the most from my track days. I'm thinking of yanking the radio and speakers out now. And the battery reloction kit is coming also. Next year might be my big step with glass and AC.

I really can't wait for the steering wheel. After installing my race seats they sit higher than stock. I hate it. So with the removable steering wheel I can remove the sliders (also removing weight, hehe) and mount the seats to my brakets only to make them lower.

Last edited by SPOHN; 02-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.