View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #81 (permalink)
Pushing_Tin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E63 AMG
Pushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond reputePushing_Tin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
Like I said, it was a general comment related to the topic at hand, about how speed traps are nothing more than revenue generating scams. Nothing at all directed towards you as a person. You're the one who decided to go off on a tangent about how police are all saints and the saviors of humanity and how terribly misguided I am to think otherwise.
IBTL!!!

I actually agree with speed traps being nothing but revenue generating tools. I think most people feel that way. That said, I know the gamble, if I am speeding and I get caught then I take the ticket and pay it, it's the price of doing business.

On another note, but brother has been a police officer in St Louis for almost 8 years. During that time he has been shot at, bitten, spit on, choked, cut etc etc. He hates writing speeding tickets and rarely does. He was a big street biker for many years so he has let many people off when they were acting like idiots. He has also won several awards for major drug busts as well as saving the life of an old woman. He also boxes every year to raise money for charity. So DO NOT accuse all police officers of being power abusing ego-maniacs, as it is not true. Are there dirty cops? Sure, just like there are law breaking lawyers, judges, military personnel and so on. The bad decisions of a few shouldn't bring down the rest.