View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pheonix
Track Member

Drives: Black 370 6MT
Pheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the roughPheonix is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
Nope, only brush with the law was a few speeding tickets handed out by obnoxious disrespectful cops. Yes, I was guilty on all of them. And yes, even when speeding, I was driving safely, and far less dangerous and far less reckless than most of your precious cops in their cruisers. On the other hand, I did seek police help 3 separate occations: was physically attacked twice, and was deliberately cut off and run off road by a road rager the 3rd occasion. In all 3 situations, I chose not to escalate the situation, but instead i did what a "civilized" person is taught to do, I backed down, and reported it to the police later. Guess what? On all 3 occasions, NOTHING happened! No one arrested, no one charged, absolutely nothing, heck no one even bothered to call me to follow up. I guess they were too busy giving out speeding tickets

So there you go. You were just proven wrong, now
Actually, you just kind of proved me right. You admitted crossing them, admitted guilt, and admitted dissatisfaction with services rendered. I don't feel like "gtfo" out at all, but...this being an internet forum and all, back and forth serves no real purpose, and in the end neither of us is going to "win" this argument.

For the sake of remaining civil, I just noticed you aren't in the States, and for whatever thats worth I am not at all familiar with Canadian law, or how officers there handle situations. My "precious officers", as you put it, are precious...you won't insult me by trying to insult them. I'm sorry you seem to have run across a few foul apples.

I can't say that there aren't any bad officers around here, either. Believe me, I can't say they're not all straight shooters or pricks. A lot of them are...but a lot of them aren't, and your EXTREMELY limited experience serves you with nothing but bad memories and an attitude that leaves you feeling as if the handful represent the whole...and in almost any situation this is not the case. Were I to judge these whole forums on your behavior I'd likely leave now without a second look back, and you wouldn't bat an eye.

Thats the difference in our attitudes, and arguing over the usefulness of an officer isn't going to change that.

Oh, and it always amuses me to know that those who proclaim from the hilltops about how worthless the police are still dial 911 like everyone else.

There are so many divergent answers I could give to your three claims here, but without knowing all the facts its mere speculation. Was anything taken in the assaults? Did you have hard evidence and IDs of the responsible? Were there witnesses? Were they located? What would you have done had you actually chased, pursued and caught up to the road rager? How would you have forced him to stop? What if he'd had a weapon when you did? What if you had a weapon? How far is too far? Not to mention the innumerable accidents you could have caused during the pursuit...its road rage...you know how easy it is to let that go and move on? It only eats at you as much as you let it.

Beyond that, we're simply going to disagree. You have your experiences and you won't budge from your views...I can't force you, and I won't even try. I can only hope at some point you see enough of the wider picture and larger whole to realize more than you do now.