View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #1267 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Oh yah, forgot in the ensuing pandemonium that this thread creates I forgot to mention that I picked up a set of the RainX Latitude wipers for the Z and replaced the tail light bulbs in the Xterra.

huh cool, keep us posted if those wipe the entire width of the blade on our glass.

i bought some piaa or bosch or something on my G as winter blades and it doesnt quite wipe the very bottom edge on the passenger side. not a huge deal, but a little bummed (but was expected of aftermarket blades).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srenity View Post
Looking really good. Not sure if you have any CF interior trim or not but this would be a nice touch for those that do.
thegreatone- that looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
Thanks guys, I'd say a large part is waiting for the resin to dry, which is overnight, so 2 days right there (did 2 coats before sanding)...small piece so the wet sanding isn't that bad, its what makes the difference though...so patience is key...

I haven't done a perfect piece yet but getting close, I give props to companies churning out CF daily...not easy.
yah, reminds of my Ings+ CF splitter. it came in with ragged edges and basically raw resin over CF. i had to wetsand quite a bit before clearcoating.

yah, so last night i had to PDR my digital piano. lol i found a small dent (not sure from where) but took the thing apart completely and used my knockdown tool from the back to push out. looks perfect. i was almost thinking about taking off the side pieces to be CF wrapped. lol