View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I suppose they'd only be pigs to you if you aren't trying to look beyond the badge. Get to know some of them...they're not all Johnny B Bad, as some members here have even testified.

Then again, working with law enforcement...I might just be a little bit biased myself.
Beyond the badge is usually a jerk who was bullied in high school and is now trying to bully other citizens while hiding behind his badge and his authority. Beyond the badge is a revenue generating monkey for the city whose main concern is trying to squeeze every dime out of innocent motorists just because they can't abide by archaic, outdated, and often illogical speed limit (never mind that the last people to obey the speed limit are the pigs themselves, whether on or off duty). Beyond the badge is a man who has no qualms about executing an illegal search of a car and violating civil liberties, just in case he gets lucky and bolster his resume with a drug bust or two. Beyond the badge is a guy who can't resist being a jerk, and insulting or mocking people for no reason other than his own amusement.