View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lone Wolf 75
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG 6M
Lone Wolf 75 will become famous soon enough

I had one follow me for a bit on a local road the day I bought the Z when I was driving home late from a celebratory dinner with a few friends at Ellicott Mills (a local brewpub). I am sure that he would have done the same in my old car - probably just following to see if I was drunk and returning home from the bar late Friday evening/Sat morning. I was sober and drove at the speed limit, but I am sure he probably ran my tags just to be sure.

I was really tempted to gun it yesterday on the highway because I got behind some slow poke in a Cavalier that was falling apart (hanging muffler and bumper), and I had just started to accelerate aggressively from 45 to 65 to get around him. I figured I'd push it a little more before decelerating and getting off on the next exit, then I saw a cop pull into his usual speed trap spot and I knew he was eyeing me. I quickly let off the accelerator and coasted back down to 55. I figured if he did come out and pull me over, I would use the excuse that I was passing and came right back down to speed. Luckily I did not have to talk my way out of it - he was probably waiting for the car going 25-30 mph over the limit.