View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #1211 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWEZL View Post
Bought two replacement 305/30 RE11's from Costco for less than $800.
I love these tires but gotdamn they're expensive!
that's a good deal, i thinks yah, those are top of the line in the US from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon1957 View Post
Completed installing Dynamat in the hatch area. It made a world of difference. The road debris is hardly noticeable, yet the exhaust can be heard just like no change at all.
Pics in my journal.
nice. yah, when i did mine i could immediately tell a difference too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
Thanks yep my buddy works at a well known garage just down the road from me, he's actually fairly high up the chain and got me $20 off the alignment and $10 off the oil change (I'm a regular customer with both my cars which helps). Not only that but my other buddy who was doing the actual work on the car adjusted my rear wheal angle for free which is normally a $50 charge.

The negative was that he noticed some of the Nissan cheap paint orange-peel problem on my front quarter panels, and he also noticed a bubble in one of my front tires. It's not too bad yet but I'm keeping an eye on it.
sounds good on the hook ups. the orange peel is actually good to have if your car is a dd as it makes it easier to hide dings when PDR guy does the repair. i would leave it. the bubble..yah, you'd better replace that tire soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Me too. Wait, that's me.

Anyway, the lock is good and functional. So far, so good.

The dent, though. Hmm... I may just live with it. The headliner needs to come out just for the paintless dent fixer guy to be able to tell if it is fixable or not. $220 for a headliner R&R. I ahve a guy ZForce has used and I think I may have him look at it.

The thing is very small but it bugs me.
on the steering-lock. congrats. hummmm on the headliner. i would open the door, pull out the weather strip and see if you can shine a light all the way below your ding. if so, should be no issue to push out. there might be some glue used but that too, there are tools PDR guys have to remove the glue. afterwards they will use some 3M mounting adhesive or silicon glue.

i would definitely NOT remove the entire headliner just to do the ding.

worst case the guy can use the glue puller if there is no access from the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I thought Mr.onzedge might disappear for 3 days driving the Z to fulfill his 3 weeks hunger.

hahahaha!