View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #1138 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waizzz View Post
We had our big monthly meet yesterday so I took my time and washed my car as well as put on my nice V2 bumper:

Went to pickup my friend from his house and the street he lives on was really, really bad but didn't see how bad until I went through it and ruined my bumper:

Closeup of the damage with a sticker temporarily holding things up:

I will be calling the city he lives in tomorrow and insisting that they pay for the damages since it was their fault for not smoothing out the street after recent repaving.
Good luck with that claim. Lowered car with non-stock bumper.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse, because I'm in the same boat since lowering my car and putting on a Nismo nose. I scrape the nose every day pulling out the driveway. The City is going through the neighborhood now resurfacing streets. If they raise mine anymore, I won't be able to get out.

I've already broken two retaining screws in the fender well. We installed a ramp/grate becuase everyone was scraping leaving the driveway. I'm still scraping. it's a function of the pitch of the driveway in relation to the street.

Love the look, so I'll live with the consequences. I hope all works out for you, so keep us posted.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim