View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

You are way wrong. Have you not seen the posts about fuel starvation, steering lock assembly, misc rattles? Nissan's product is not at the same level as Toyota or Honda. Toyota and Honda might be boring to drive, but they are way more reliable than Nissan and Mazda in general. Of course with everything said, it is still better than Mini or any European cars. You can definitely get more for your buck from Nissan over Toyota and Honda, but you will also pay for it in resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
To me, Nissan is more or less right there with
Honda and Toyota or anyone else for that matter in regards to reliability. That being said, my impression of Nissan is that it is the sportiest of those 3 mentioned. Toyota is the most boring and softest/lamest ride, Honda is sportier than Toyota, but Nissan is the sportiest of the three. So basically, if you're looking for a 'reliable Japanese make', (some people mainly trust the Japanese, though I think Ford has been coming up and Toyota has been falling off) and want the most sporty/fun one, then Nissan is your brand. That's my take on it anyway. Nissan has the Z and the GT-R and even the Altima, I think is sportier and more fun to drive than the Accord and Camry. If you walk into the other 2 dealerships, there's nothing at all exciting there. Everything screams, this is a box with wheels designed to take you from point A to point B. At least Toyota is going to have the FRS soon so they'll have something mildly interesting there.

disclaimer: I have owned a Corolla and my family and gf all own Hondas and Toyotas. We have had a few Fords as well, but they were a minivan and SUVs.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote