Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #2610 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
stay on topic people.

Man you guys are really starting to make me want to test one out O and about the Z transmission.... My one complaint with the car to be honest.

However, every car has its + and - so I appreciate the honest opinions here.
Yes, not sure if you read my story about how I ended up with the 5.0. Let me find the link and post it here. But bottomline, a 20 minute testdrive of the new 5.0 did it for me. All prior misconceptions I had were just that, a misconception...ill advised. I was a believer after 20 minutes.

As far as Z tranny, yes that was my one big beef. I got tired of it being labeled as "normal". The rattling, the sound of marbles, etc..... The 5.0 tranny is smooth but not without faults. It was a little vague, though short shifting. The MGW I did resolved all that.

Let me know how your test drive goes. And yes I would have LOVED to keep both cars in the stable... but I could not, since I am not so financially inclined as you may be. But yes, you will have the best of both worlds!!!
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra