Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Could use some help here.

Picked up my 2009 Z last night. It has the homelink mirror with the buttons on it for auto dimming, etc. I noticed it wasn't auto dimming on the way home and figured I just need to check the manual or something.

Checked the manual and tried all the buttons and nothing. No blinking lights nothing. Tried to program my garage door, again no blinking lights even when holding both outside buttons to clear the codes.

I start looking more closely, and it seems the cable has been removed?? There is a plug on the back of the mirror, but no cable plugged in. I found a cover that will fit up on the windshield like a cable cover in the glove box.

I'm thinking the cable is missing? It was a used car so I'm guessing it got swiped, but would appreciate some confirmation before I nag the dealer to replace it.

Thanks in advance!
Looks like the mirror was bought aftermarket and never hooked up. I'm thinking the cable that came with the mirror is missing. Anyone else installed this mirror as aftermarket item and have more on the install.
I'll look for a link.

Maybe this thread will help:

Homelink mirror on the cheap

Last edited by Mecinoid; 02-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote