Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #2577 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I don't think it's too big. But it does take a while to get used to coming from the Z.

Back seats are usable for kids. An adult can fit back there if necessary, but not recommended.

Service is pretty good. Most of the Mustang forums have Ford reps attached to them so if you ever do need something serviced you can PM your Ford rep and he or she will set everything up for you and make sure it's tracked by customer care, not just the dealership.

Maintenance cost... roughly the same as the Z. Depending on what oil you use an oil change could be more expensive with the 5.0 since it takes 8 quarts.

Performance parts are on par with the Z in terms of how much the part itself costs. But the HP/$ ratio is much better with the 5.0. An intake + tune can get you ~35whp, for example and conventional bolt-ons are enough to get you above 430whp.
Thanks!

Back seat wouldn't be used really often, but Im glad at least kids can fit there. For some reason I always had issues with cars that have pointless back seats (porsche) that can fit a laptop bag at most.

Yeah i heard about the HP/$ is better. That is interesting that mods cost similar since I would imagine it's a popular fomestic car so there should be more suppliers with parts (competition drives costs down)