Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #2571 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
at the bickering

Anyway, mustang gents, can you comment on the intangibles with the mustang: how is Ford's service, does it really feel too big, is the back seat even functional, because when I sit in the camaro there is no leg room behind me Also hows the additional costs (oil changes, general maintance, performance parts).

I have the 5.0 in consideration as an addition to the stable *

(*note: add to collection, not to replace the Z)
I don't think it's too big. But it does take a while to get used to coming from the Z.

Back seats are usable for kids. An adult can fit back there if necessary, but not recommended.

Service is pretty good. Most of the Mustang forums have Ford reps attached to them so if you ever do need something serviced you can PM your Ford rep and he or she will set everything up for you and make sure it's tracked by customer care, not just the dealership.

Maintenance cost... roughly the same as the Z. Depending on what oil you use an oil change could be more expensive with the 5.0 since it takes 8 quarts.

Performance parts are on par with the Z in terms of how much the part itself costs. But the HP/$ ratio is much better with the 5.0. An intake + tune can get you ~35whp, for example and conventional bolt-ons are enough to get you above 430whp.
LIKE us on Facebook!