View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #86 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
I didn't know that there was anything anonymous on the Internet. I certainly understand why most people would be taken aback if asked questions about their incomes; wouldn't you be annoyed if a total stranger (anonymous) accosted you on the streets and asked you how much money you make?

I was fortunate enough to finish school with no debt thanks to my parents' hardwork, fortunate enough to get into a very lucrative, rewarding & soughtafter career, fortunate enough to get one of the best money advice from a relative when I first started working and most importantly fortunate and blessed to have a spouse with the same money values and goals (more important than many my age tend to realize). I max out 401k/IRAs/Mutual Funds/Online Brokerage contributions.

My spouse and I live comfortably on a 1/3 of my salary, living under our means, exploring the beauty of the world as we please and socking away/investing the remainder of my salary and hers. Mortgage can be paid off right now but still enjoying Uncle Sam's deductions until they get taken away. Currently working hard at saving up for up to 50% downpayment for our next house to be built hopefully 4 years from now...GOD willing.

Still one is an accident away, a disease away let it be oneself or loved one, a new job-taking cutting edge technology from losing a very comfortable middle-class lifestyle; as such we do our very best to always plan for the worst and hope for the best. GOD BLESS AMERICA, many of us don't realize how good we have it here.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote