View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Some of the cars are 3 years old now, it's about time people start trading them in newer things.

Also, I've noticed a lot of the comments in the for sale threads point out that they are correcting financial mistakes they made. So it looks like many people bought more car than they could afford, maybe thinking they would eventually get a raise, promotion, or better job, and are correcting that miscalculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edconline View Post
Another reason it may seem this way to you is, you are on an enthusiast forum, yes a 370Z one, but an auto enthusiast forum nonetheless. The type of people that visit these forums are more likely to want to upgrade, start a new project, or just get a shiny new toy than people that just bought the Z, kept it stock and don't really think about mods or visit the forums.

I think you could reasonably conclude that the ratio of Z owners on the forum trading/selling their Z's for something else is higher than that of the Z owners that are not enthusiasts or active on the forum.

Finally, as an active member yourself, you are going to notice all the posts about people who are selling/trading (other active members who are excited to talk about their new purchase or attempt to part out/sell their car here). Probably the same type of thing happening on most other forums for different car makes/models. I would be very surprised if this were a 370Z only thing.

Great points. The 370 has been out for a while so a lot of people who've had them from the beginning are moving on to something else. And then there are the crazy car guys like Modshack (60 cars now?) and others (myself included) that are always buying new cars, tinkering with them, then moving on to a new adventure.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote