View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #53 (permalink)
VCuomo
Track Member

Drives: BMW 335i Sport
VCuomo will become famous soon enoughVCuomo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinfire View Post
A lot of you guys aren't being all that understanding considering the myriad issues I'm having with the car. I would understand if this car had 60K miles, but it's barely over 13K. Do you guys expect brand new cars to start showing signs of age in 13,000 miles? The thing still has new car smell for heaven's sake. I bet if your cars had starting doing this stuff with so few miles you wouldn't be happy either. I don't see how anyone can say that these issues are "normal wear and tear." Even floor mats should last longer than this. You guys act like I've never owned a car before or never took good care of a car. I sold my seven-year-old Matrix for $750 over Blue Book in two days because it still looked brand new inside and out. Who is going to buy a car like a Z and not take care of it? Keep in mind it's probably rained in LA 20 times TOTAL the entire time I've owned the car. And the car is always parked in a garage away from the sun.

Anomoly thanks for the leather care recommendation. I'll try it, but the Meguiars I use right now was recommended to me over a year ago by someone on this forum and it's not getting the job done. Their products are usually quality. At least someone tried to actually help instead of just ragging on me. Some folks remind me of video game fanboys who refuse to admit there's ever something wrong with their favorite whatever.

Do any of you have the clicking seatbelt assembly issue? It's the piece right by your head that the seat belt threads through. If I move even the slightest bit it clicks. Wasn't like that when I bought it and it's crazy annoying.
Regarding the floor mats, I'm on my second set in my '09 and I only have a little over 17000 miles. My second set is now doing the same as my first set - the grommets are tearing out (which makes the mat start shredding). The floor mats are covered under warranty - go get a new set from your dealer.

The clicking is caused by your shoulder moving the adjustable seat belt channel - it's normal. If there really is something wrong with it, it should be covered under warranty.

HTH...

EDIT: I just noticed in your OP that your warranty just ran out... If anyone else is having these two problems, get to your dealer before your warranty expires.

Last edited by VCuomo; 01-28-2012 at 12:21 AM.
VCuomo is offline   Reply With Quote