View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

Hey guys, I've got bad news

Lotek can't make an A pillar gauge setup because of the airbags. Even if they could, they require 30 units to be bought. My rep says:

Quote:
Matt:

To produce a production mold for a new item we would need around 30 units be bought upfront. Most likely, though, we will not be able to make an a-pillar mount because of the air curtains. The a-pillars in the new cars are designated as safety devices and cannot be modified in any way. An option would be a place on the console or dash.

Here’s the scoop. Let us know:

All projects must be paid prior to project start. Pricing will be determined after receipt of OEM part for evaluation. Most of our products range from $40-$60 ea. depending on complexity.

REQUIREMENTS:

Name, address, and contact information of project leader. Follow-up will be with project leader only. (Please do not have others call for status)

OEM part from project leader. This will be used for fabricating the mold and is non-returnable.

Make, model and year range specifications.

Color samples (at least 4"x4" sample) of all colors to be painted.

Gauge Size requested (usually 2 1/16" and/or 60mm). Note: some models may not accommodate 60mm gauges due to width limitations.

PRODUCTION SCHEDULE:

Rough mock-up will be made and sent to project leader. Project leader test-fits mock-up - checking for clearance problems and angle of gauges. Project leader returns the mockup with any modifications and approves the design.

Mold-making process - approx 1-4 weeks

Initial production run - approx 3-4 weeks

Finishing and shipping - approx 1 week after product availability.

*******IMPORTANT********

PRODUCTION SCHEDULING IS COMPLEX AND DELAYS ARE NOT UNCOMMON DUE TO THE NUMBER OF PROJECTS AHEAD OF YOURS, MATERIAL LEAD-TIME, ETC. WE DO OUR BEST TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ESTIMATE OF DELIVERY TIMES - HOWEVER, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE A DELIVERY DATE.

The disclaimer about not being to give a guarantee on the delivery date is common when dealing with development. Lotek is a reputable company. I'd rather them tell me up front that stuff might happen and delays may come up, then tell me 2 days before scheduled completion that it's another 6 wks out or something. Been through that before. It sucks.

If anyone wants to talk about getting some dash pods made, I'd be happy to help. We'll need 30 committed buyers, though.

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote