View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #657 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srenity View Post
I just got Black to keep it stockish looking. I was thinking about red but black won out. As for the filter discussion I read a few posts and nothing was able to convince me that either is a better option so I went with the HKS because it is a dry filter and the price was better.
iirc on NAGTROC a few years ago someone posted filtration and flow characterisitics of all the major filters. HKS was very poor for filtration, K&N was extremely good at filtering and air flow, AEM dry filters flowed and filtered very well, almost as good as K&N but as they got dirty their performance plummeted while K&N's held steady longer.

Personally, I run the K&N drop ins but I don't reoil, every 15-20K I just toss them and buy new ones.