View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #43 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaasabi View Post
Well my last car was a 91 300ZX NA 2+2, and it was truly a blast to drive. Although it had a ton of problems, in retrospect that was just part of the ownership experience of a used car with high mileage.

Then I went to the other "shytstorm", aka Afghanistan, and I spent a ton of time looking at cars in my down time - hey gotta figure out how to use that deployment money when I come home, right? I was actually really intent on getting a 97-00 NSX, but when I got home in mid-April, I couldn't find one that was close to me and in the color I wanted, so I opted for the brand I knew I could trust to provide the best possible driving experience - the Z. I had read all the web sites and latest magazine articles on the 370Z while I was overseas, and while I wasn't initially sold on the looks, it really hooked me when I saw it in person.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to trade up for a GTR in a couple of years, or I might trade in for that NSX if one ever comes up near me, and in the right color.
Deployment moneys great, sucks *** while your there gettin blown up all the time, but that money is sure as hell fun to blow when you get home! Bought my G35 cash after OIF 1, upgraded to the Z now!
Red370 is offline   Reply With Quote