View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #91 (permalink)
Vince@R/T
Base Member

Drives: 99 GS400
Vince@R/T has a spectacular aura aboutVince@R/T has a spectacular aura aboutVince@R/T has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Vince@R/T

This thread is cracks me up...everything stated is pretty common knowledge if you are in the industry. Twin turbos spool faster and seem like a better choice for street use....Singles are more efficent and have a higher ceiling for growth then smaller twins....no ****.

I think the issue is the definition of street use. What if a guy wants a bigger single for a lil delayed TQ and wants it up higher in the RPM range and more room for growth without having to practically drop the motor out to switch up turbos. Maybe the guy for steet use doesnt want instant TQ and boost blowing off the tires everytime he is half throttle...

So the other guys wants twins and quicker spool so he feels it in the chest and the car feels faster. Maybe he thinks twins on his 370z is the same as buying a GTR....who knows?

This is America, if a company makes a good product it will sell(whether it has 1 or 2 turbos). If it isnt a good product...It wont. Obviously both have there pros and cons. At the end of the day I bet it has more to do with the companies customer service, how quality of a product they sell is, and how well they stand behind their product then it does with a couple 100 rpms of spool...