View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #522 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
OK -- so I went back to the dealership today to pick up my Z and bring it home to reast while awaiting the part. Like promised, they jerry-rigged a module from an Altima so the car is drivable but the key light is on. I am still not going to drive it until I take it back for the repair.

I cannot speak highly enough about the level of service that Maita Nissan of Sacramento has provided during this issue. They let me take the Z home so that it did not have to sit there for three weeks and they are letting me keep the loaner car while we wait. BTW: it is a sweet 2012 Versa. I promised I would not take ot to the track.

In the attachments below, you will find the low-res Droid shots of the failed module that I was able to take this morning. If anyone knows how to identify the rev level, please let me know.

Thanks again for all the support -- this kind of stuff usually puts me in Spazz Mode but I am amazingly calm about it.
mr.onzedge- thanks for taking that pict! that confirms RevC might be bad as well. not sure if this was an isolated incident or not. ive not read about GTR's going back for repeated steering lock failure... hummm..

i have that revision in my car right now. i guess im glad i used regular metric screws cause i can swap it back in the field if it goes bad. lol

how many miles on your car?