View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #499 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srenity View Post
On the first pic with the blue tape on the chin spoiler their is material from the chin spoiler below the tape. I used the tape basically as a guide so that I was not just winging it. The next pic you can see that that material is gone. The last pic is without tape. Basically I was sick of the chin spoiler scraping all the time so I trimmed the low points at the corners that keep scraping. Helps more than you would think.
Timely post.

Today I officially raised the white flag on trying to avoid scraping the chin of my car (Nismo front bumper) as I pull out of the driveway. We (I live in a town house community and share a driveway with three other owners) just installed a metal grate to ease the driveway/street transition today. The Bridjit ramp wouldn't work.

It solved everyone else's problem but mine. It doesn't scrape pulling in, but just barely scrapes pulling out. It's a combination of the pitch of the driveway and street, the wheelbase of the car, and the length of the nose.

You can't see the scrapes unless you look under the car, so it's now just a badge of honor. The ride height looks great, and unless I reinstall the original springs, there's nothing else I can do.

Okay, I feel better now.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim