View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #32 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

I recently had a nail go through one of my front tires. About 2" from the outer sidewall on the right side. I find that if you pop a little extra to get it done right, you won't have problems with it going out of balance. I actually took mine to our BMW dealer here in Milwaukee and asked if they had a Road Force balancer. That's sooo important after you get this done. Make sure it's a great balancer and they put in a patch vs. a plug.

It's completely understood that most can't do a thing about a sidewall puncture, but if you can get something done about it, do it the right way. This way, there will be no flat-spots, and the dreaded shake in the wheel. I'm thinking with such a sensative steering rack, you could feel if you'd have an ant stuck on your wheel. Okay, JK on that one, but you know what I mean. Oh, it cost me $56 to have this done the right way. No shakes, leaks, or anything, and the Bimmer shop actually thought my car was really cool! They were excited to work on it. This all is MHO.
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote