Thread: Your first car!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

83 Nissan Sentra

Got it new after high school graduation as a reward for getting a full ride NROTC scholarship, and so I could have something dependable to go back and forth to school in. It was the cheapest new car on the market at the time, which is why my dad chose it. No radio, no air, etc, $4949, and thus began my love affair with Nissans.

washed it twice a week, waxed it every friday. Riken wheels, with fwd offset in front and rwd in back for some stagger, alphasonik 100w subwoofer amp with a 12" sub in the back and an aftermarket bose system with clarion headunit doing the rest of the music work (this was back in 85, before subs were popular!)
Had a test pipe from an 80 210, aftermarket front bumper from an 80 celica and a universal rear wing.

It still looked showroom new when it was stolen 4 years and 125000 miles after I got it.