View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
fxroar
Track Member

Drives: '10 40th Anniversary
fxroar is on a distinguished road

I received my AAM S-Line short tail this morning. The box came with the 2 tail pipes. I pretty much had to use the stock gasket, nuts and bolts. Removal of stock muffler was pretty easy. Had to unbolt the heat shield to clear the right side tail. It was only 3 bolts so that part went pretty quickly. I had to bend the hanger a bit to line up the tails. The tips (measuring from the most AFT section of the bumper) are about 1/4" to 1/2" sunk in. Not sure how I feel about it yet since the stock sit almost flush while the ARK exhaust I had stuck out 1/4".

I'd like to thank FBNISSAN for the amazing deal on the short tail. From east to west coast shipping took about 4 days.

This is exhaust is LOUD. Louder than my ARK Type II ONLY when you get on it. Like others have mentioned.. this exhaust idles like a V8. There's that low rumble.. kinda nice to the ears. lol. There's definitely drone below 2k RPM. I'd say right around 1400 - 2000 RPM. Cruising 6th gear going 80 MPH 3k RPM its quiet and tame. When you get on it this thing SCREAMS. All I say is.. I love this alternative exhaust. I can finally lower the rear more and not have to worry about scrapping any cans/flanges.

I'm plenty happy with the experience. Now all I have to do is worry about cops because it does get pretty loud accelerating especially from a stop. Cheers!

PS: I don't think adding cats would be a good idea.. just fyi..

Last edited by fxroar; 01-14-2012 at 03:55 PM.
fxroar is offline   Reply With Quote