View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #74 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that is a custom job. You are going to need some major modification if you want to keep your bumper in one piece. I actually tried to modify the 350 one you listed, but it ended up being more trouble than what it is worth. It was easier to just custom make one. If you want to go to Phoenix, I believe Curt can either custom make one for you for $1200 or they will take your car and use it to make their hitch. You will get the hitch for free.

Yeah the picture came from my car. I also had the old fog-light glued onto a trailer brake light, now I can push the fog light back into the hole and lock it with the hitch pin.

A few months back I had asked if anyone wanted one (price was about $350-$450 depending on options) interested in one, but I didn't get any real interest so we just scraped the project. If you can get 5+ people interested in one, I can probably get the shop to do a batch run. The shop is hesitant to do it because the time to build and have a proper right up will take a day. They just don't think there is enough profit to justify shutting down the shop for a day.

Speaking of bike and hitch, I did notice a strange thing when I threw the bike onto the bike hitch. For some odd reason, the bike and hitch created some crazy turbulence in the back of the car. When I got to around 2800RPM, the car would resonate like a diesel truck with a bad muffler. I just assume the location of the exhaust pipe is too close to the hitch and it was causing a problem as a result.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote