View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
I imagine if you do a LOT of highway miles, and use that Mobil1 15K oil...it might work - lol...

I do 15K changes on my Civic (with the Mobil1 15K oil...)
Nope, both times have been with the cheapest oil the dealer will throw in there. The car is really quite sad. The paint is loaded with swirl marks, and the interior is loaded with trash and ashes. I eat and smoke in my car, but I am pretty meticulous about cleaning it out. He's also rolling on racing slicks, although he may hold the record for tire life from a set of Potenzas. Everything is coming along nicely though. He just hit a deer, so the body shop buffed the whole car to blend the paint, and even gave the interior a bit of a detail. He is about to buy some Lexani rims for it, and that will mean new rubber. It's not my taste, but to each their own.