View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
threeseventy
Track Member

Drives: Opinion
threeseventy is on a distinguished road
Default Stillenized and UpRev'd

Decided on a Pre-holiday gift to myself, knowing I was getting sweaters and shoes.. again.

Stillen HFC's arrived from RCZ (most* of my engine bolt-ons are forum-bought, used, from fellow members) and they - along with Swift springs (New-Amplified) and lightweight 19" MAYA STM's went on at Amplified (Thanks Lou!) the day before I drove up to SpecialtyZ in Chatsworth to see Sebastian for the 5-map UpRev tune.

Engine Mods are:

Stillen G3 CAI's, ducted via hose from lower left bumper intake.
Stillen HFC's (RCZ)
Stillen Catback Exhaust (chuckd05)
*Stillen UD Pulley -purchased new from Stillen for safety.

Temps were hovering around 58-59 degrees. Pulls 5 and 6 were nearly identical. I can't emphasize enough the importance of a good Post-Mod tune, both from the performance standpoint and for the health and life of your engine. Case in point: the comparison/baseline pull was aborted at 6500 rpm by Seb to avoid damage because Z was breathing so freely she was running super-lean to the point where there was audible evidence of detonation:

No Drone at freeway speed with Fuel Save map active, sound is amazing in tunnels and the canyons, keeping her planted are:

Stillen V1 F/R Sways on stiffest setting (ZPirate)
Stillen front splitter (new from Stillen, sale priced, thanks Josh and Kyle- and Margaret)
Megan Racing traction arms (first forum buy..what was his name?)
The aforementioned MAYA STM 19x9.5/19x10.5's with RE050's (Super_Red_Z) and Titek Duralumin lugs from (Kenchan)

Also love the AMS Shortshifter and Blox 490 from The Shocker, now I just need my clutch and tranny to keep up (see below). And of course there was the AMAZING car audio upgrade week with BIGAUDIOFANAT(ic)

Coming this month - Ichiba 20mm rear spacers and SPL Pro Camber arms along with an alignment before the upcoming GMR Cruise and some stainless Goodridge brake lines from my favorite unofficial vendor RCZ.

I can't say enough about the friendly professional service I get at Amplified from Lou and his crew (referred by Jamaica@UndergroundAlliance) and from Sebastian at SpecialtyZ (Referred by Lou@amplified). I was at my Nissan Dealership yesterday getting a new (warranty!) Slave+Master and a Synthetic fill for my 6MT and I walked into the showroom to see if they had any Z's. They were sold out except for one black roadster, I talked to the wide-eyed young salesman on duty about how to sell Z's. My point was, with his other cars you get room for groceries, sporty looks, reliability.. but with the Z and this forum you get all of that PLUS a FAMILY of great knowledgeable people and endless hours, even days, of fun and enjoyment. AND THEN you get to DRIVE these great cars!

Last edited by threeseventy; 01-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.
threeseventy is offline   Reply With Quote