View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so now I'm confused. I thought I had an OC problem but now I'm not sure. I drove my Z to Cali from Texas (1k miles) for the holidays. When I left, my oil level was about 3/4th the way full. Drove all 1k miles in one day, checked the oil level the next day...was about 1/4th above the low mark. Had to pour an entire qt in to bring it back to full. So I drove it for the next two weeks, was able to put about 500 miles on it.. Checked the oil and the level is the exact spot from when I last checked it after I put that qt in. Still full...

So why would I burn oil on a long trip like that but when I just do normal everyday driving I'm not losing any?

Last edited by MJB; 01-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote