View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

No it does not. I just tracked my car Monday at Thunderhill, Willows, CA and I have and oil cooler (exactly like Modshack's build) It was on a Cold day ~50 degrees and not even after 15 mins in the first session the car not only crap out by putting it in a limp mode, it completely shut down and won't start up before oil temp even reached past 220 degrees. I had to tow the car all the way back home as I tried everything to start it up. Plugged a diagnostic tool in, no error code. The yellow service required light went on when it happened but afterwards when i try restarting the car it just kept spitting when I cranked the car. I spent the whole day dry cranking the car to air out the fuel from the flooded engine, no luck, the car didn't recover till 2 days later. So, I really don't know what my oil cooler did for me. Any advise? I've heard some people don't even get put into limp mode at 240 degrees. Astor me, I didn't even get a limp mode, all I got was an improper shut down. The left LCD started flickering and it was almost like Fast and Furious 2 when the skyline got shot with a Emp electric gun. =\
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote