View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
i dont know how the laws are there, but from what i was told by the body shop that repaired my old cobalt after an old lady backed into the driver side door, they are required by law to take the original VIN sticker off the door if it has been replaced and put a new sticker on the door. Keep in mind that the replacement sticker looks nothing like the original VIN sticker that it replaces and is not in the same place alot of the time either.
I have been working in the body industry for 25 years and have never seen such a sticker.

When we replace a pillar that has vehicle info on it we cut the metal that has the Vin. on it clean up the edges and put the metal plate in the glove box so all information like paint codes,interior trim codes are still with the car.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote