View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I've said time and time again that almost all cars these days are very reliable. Manufacturing processes are very advanced. Tolerances are very tight. Quality control is generally very good.

I think what a lot of people seem to forget is that a lot of manufacturers share suppliers. Lots of parts on my 5.0 are made by suppliers that make parts for the 370Z... Tokico for example.
Which is why I was so shocked that the idiots on the Ford forum kept yelling "Crucify GM". They have no clue what that would done for their mustang. They found out when the Tsunami hit Japan. They can't even paint their cars without Japan. Redneckery puts some serious blinders on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I wrote a thread about this once and I was pretty much being painted as a fanboy. Lol. I even had True Delta's "real life" repair statistics. According to true Delta, the miata was the best, the Z came in second. We had 4 out of 100 vehicles in repair. The miata had 3 in 100. The genesis coupe and mustang were in the 50's out of 100. The camaro and challenger were slightly lower.

Some thought reliability was a affected by an early 370z forum protest concerning oil consumption and oil overheating issues? Maybe? But it does seem consumer reports have a hard-on for the car. Everyone I know with Z's and G's over the last 2 generations have had virtually problem free vehicles. Even going further. Nissan is the highest owned car amongst my peers aside from chevy. All my nissan compatriots all seem to have exceptional reliability. The only year of car I can recall having some issues were 2003 altimas and the 2003-2008 maximas. On both these cars. Problems began after 150k miles. So is that truely unreliable???

Anyway. Consumer reports always seems to find a way to bypass known issues on certain car brands like toyota, honda and hyundai. There reviews were heavily scrutinized in the past during the toyota recalls. Hmmmm? Consumer reports, corporate hacks???? I think so!
What did True Delta have to say about the Corvette? It had awesome PPH numbers, but so did the 2010 mustang GT.

I have a G20. It's been a POS and taken a ton of money to maintain. I certainly hope (and am rather sure...) that the 370Z is not like other Nissans like my G20 here.

I do not put any faith in CR, I just wondered wtf? I was also more than a little interested in them claiming the 370Z stopped sooner, and was more nimble than my Z06. Fact/fiction? Edmunds indicates that they are VERY close in both regards, and I do put some stock in them. They test "honest".

Last edited by ImportConvert; 12-27-2011 at 10:34 PM.